Monday, March 21, 2011

6 new competitors

Hey guys I just wanted you all to know that we had 6 more people join our competition. I can't believe it, that brings our group up to 26 people which is so amazing. I can't thank you all enough for doing this with me. I hope that you all had a great first week. My whole family got the flu and we are still on the mend. But one good thing about the flu is you don't feel much like eating. I look forward to starting up the gym again though. I haven't been in over a year.

One good reminder that one of our new joiners gave me over the weekend is how important water is. It is so good for our bodies. I think the recommended daily intake is 8-10 glass a day but the more you drink the better. I have a couple of recipes that I will get posted this week that we love at our house.

New Competitors

Leroy Larsen
Barbara Larsen 22%
Mike Badger
Karlie Badger 28.3%
Mandi Frost 30.8%
Joel Frost 21.9%

4 comments:

  1. Proper Hydration... I was just going to mention something I read about keeping your body properly hydrated. "The traditional recommendation is to drink a minimum of eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day - which is a good move- it's more accurate to base your water intake on your body weight. For example, try to drink at least half your body weight in ounces daily. If you weigh 200 pounds, your daily intake would be least 100 ounces. That's 12 1/2 glasses (8 ounces each) a day."

    You should also drink 6-8 ounces of water every 15-20 minutes while exercising. As well as two 8-ounce glasses of water after exercising to restore fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be a part of the clan! Bring it on! ~Karlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a GREAT first week! I am so excited about the extra motivation this activity has created for me. I got invited by my new neighbors (everyone is new to me) to join a Zumba class, which I think will be great. And with the weather finally warming up here, I can't wait to get out more and more and get my running-legs back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone. Excited to be part of the group. Karlie and I have been focused on our health for months now and it is exciting to be involved with family in the process. Good luck to all. You will need it against me in the challenge.

    Starting At 500 Pounds

    ReplyDelete